Yes, you read the title correctly. My godson is a cat.
If you think it’s too late for an April Fools’ joke, you are quite right. It is not the 1st of April and it is not a joke, because I’m serious. I also dislike April Fools’ tradition, I hate pranks and I find majority of jokes I hear desperately unfunny and lame. Now that’s out of the way, let me tell you about my godson Anthony and why he’s a cat.
This boy is now between 18 months and 2 years old and is also a half-brother to the boy whose hand is in this picture. I thought it would be better to post a photo of him where his face is not visible, even though his parents gave me permission to post about him.
Why is Anthony a cat? Well, I came to this conclusion when I visited his home last Christmas Eve Eve.
- I brought some presents with me in a bag. When I put the bag on the coffee table in the living room, he immediately went to the bag to look inside and inspect the contents. Just like a cat.
- Then, with one sweep of his small arm, he knocked down everything from the said table. Just like a cat.
- He is very agile, easily climbs the furniture without falling down. Just like a cat.
- His mum went to do her cooking and instructed us not to let him into the kitchen, to prevent him getting burned but he insisted on going there anyway, even as I kept picking him up and carrying him back to the living room. Just like a cat.
- Following on from the previous point, he wanted to go into the kitchen because he was so nosy about what was going on there. Just like a cat.
- He knocked the Christmas tree down. Just like a cat.
Any further questions?