So… this happened.
I have been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by The Wee Writing Lassie–please do check out her blog!–thank you so much for this opportunity! I’ve really had fun with it.
I promise myself, again and again, to connect with other bloggers but I never do. It seems I have social anxiety both online and in real life. *shrug*
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by their peers as a token of appreciation and admiration. (Wait, someone appreciates my blog? Someone actually reads it?)
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
• Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Questions for me:
(Note: I have added pictures to some of my answers because it’s the nature of this blog but this is NOT required)
- Who is your favourite author?
Easy–the Queen of Crime herself!
- If you could rule one of these five fictional/mythical lands: the Galaxy of Star Wars, King Arthur’s Britain, Westeros, Middle-Earth or Discworld – which one would it be and why?
Out of those, I think the Star Wars Galaxy is the most me-friendly, but I have no interest in ruling. So I think the best choice is Discworld, because it sounds like that wouldn’t be too much work, lol.
- If you had the powers of a god, what would you do with them?
Either stop climate change or eliminate the right-wing from existence. Or both.
- Which famous historical figure would you have round to dinner?
Oh, Mary Magdalene, she’s fascinating.
- You’ve been abducted by aliens, and they demand that you take them to your leader – who do you take them to?
Probably the leader of the EU Commission, Ursula von der Leyen. She seems like a competent person.
- If there was a film made of your life story, which famous actor would you want to play you?
Honestly I think Kristen Stewart is the most appropriate one, but my life is not interesting enough for a movie.
- If you were trapped in a historical time (presumably your time machine has malfunctioned) what period would you be most likely to survive in?
I would say the Communist Czechoslovakia is the only one I could survive in, basically my life but decades earlier, it’s just the most familiar so I’d know what to expect. Still, I’d rather not. I’d prefer to go to the future.
- What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
Dry, sunny, 20 degrees Celsius. Warm and not too hot, good for photography.
- Chocolate or Caramel?
- If you could turn into any mythical creature, which one would it be?
I need to beat myself with a stick because I still haven’t read enough on mythical creatures. Anything that is a cat–werecat, maybe? Or I’d just be a witch, if that counts.
- Who are you most grateful to in your life?
It’s got to be my mum.
Questions for my nominees:
- Which fictional romantic pairing is your favourite (can be non-canon)?
- Which movie can you never get tired of, no matter how many times you watch it?
- What is your favourite hot drink?
- If you could wake up tomorrow being fluent in one language, which language would you choose?
- Have you ever felt like you could never forgive someone? (Reveal as much as you are comfortable with).
- What was your favourite music artist or band in your teenage years?
- What stupid question or comment are you tired of hearing from people?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is the one really unpopular opinion you have?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What are you most grateful for from the past 12 months?
Tom from Spirit in Politics
Narendra Nayak at A Sliver of Life
It’s only six but I’m too chicken to nominate more. Have fun!